[Asterisk-Users] SPA and NAT traversal

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sat Apr 9 12:30:12 MST 2005

Jim Sturtevant wrote:

> Thank you for your reply.  There is a wealth of information on the wiki,
> etc.   I turned on RTP debug and the SPA is not sending it's public IP it is
> sending it's NAT IP (192.168.1.100) so *'s RTP packets are going nowhere...

nat=yes makes Asterisk use the public IP that is inserted by the far
side NAT router instead of the private IP the SIP device puts in the
packet.

Perhaps there is a problem in your sip.conf that is causing the SPA's
packets not to match anything.

"sip show peers" will tell you if Asterisk is seeing the public or the
private IP of the far end SPA.

--
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain