[Asterisk-Users] Terrible crackling on analogue line and X100P card

Stuart Ford stuart.ford at rhydio.com
Sat Apr 9 06:56:36 MST 2005

Dear all ...

I'm experiencing terrible trouble with crackling and noise on an
analogue line connected to an X100P (compatible) card. I've checked the
line with a normal analogue phone and it works fine, clear as a bell,
but any outgoing or incoming calls to Asterisk are almost completely
drowned out by loud crackling.

I've attempted to adjust the RX and TX gains, but to no avail. There's
also an echo, but only one way. I'm assuming this is a separate issue so
I've not done much to investigate that, but I may be wrong so if it is
related does anyone have any suggestions?

I never had this trouble with ISDN, but then I wouldn't would I? :)

If anyone can wave a magic wand, or at the very least point me to a
website where I can get my own magic wand, please let me know.

Thanks

Stuart