[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and RT (Request Tracker) setup?

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Fri Apr 8 20:41:09 MST 2005

Your success may depend on your version of RT. The RT-Soap-Server.pl interface has been depreciated.

We've taken the somewhat easier, if less elegant approach of just setting up a voicemail box with a longwinded greeting that invites the caller to leave a VM that is in turn emailed as an attachment into RT:

/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf:
 6808 => ,Request Tracker,support at my.rt.gateway.ca,,attach=yes|delete=yes ; Voicemails left in this box are forwarded into RT

Certainly an interactive IVR would be much nicer, but it'll probably take a fair amount of work to construct against RT 3.4.x.

For the uninitiated, Request Tracker is an elegant and light weight GPL'ed trouble ticketing system: http://www.bestpractical.com  Great for managing all those user interactions stemming from a new deployment of Asterisk.

:-)

Kris Boutilier
Information Systems Coordinatior
Sunshine Coast Regional District