[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Memory Requirements

Eric Rees EricR at rocketgaming.com
Fri Apr 8 17:01:08 MST 2005

I have asterisk installed on a Dell 2850 dual-Xeon 3.0Ghz box with 2GB
of memory.  This is serving about 75 sip clients, Polycom500's and
600's.  We are running into problems with the memory.  Asterisk, right
now, is using about 1.8GB of system memory.  I am using Asterisk 1.0.7,
Zaptel 1.0.7 with Digiums TE410 1xT1 RBS and 1xT1 PRI, Libpri 1.0.7 on
Fedora Core 3.  My question; is this normal or do I need more memory or
is there a more serious underlying problem.