[Asterisk-Users] iaxtel.com - low bandwidth codecs

Drew Einhorn drew at technteach.com
Fri Apr 8 14:40:32 MST 2005

>> Has anyone succeeded in connecting to iaxtel.com
>> with a low bandwidth codec?  So far all I've
>> been able to connect with is adpcm, and it
>> overwhelms my isdn line. breaks up, stops, starts,
>> plays for a while, etc.
>
>Haven't tried it lately, but iaxtel has been mostly unusable
>for the last few months. Don't think anyone is actually
>maintaining it.

Ah.  I was beginning to suspect that might be the case,
but was hoping all the problems would go away once I
solved the bandwidth/codec issues.

Perhaps the folks who own iaxtel.com should just take it
down.  A test system that doesn't really work as advertised,
really is not nice to newbies bringing up their first
asterisk box and just assume the problems are with their
box.

Things started working much better when I started using
a test account at voipjet.com with the free $.25 credit.
It was the first sign that my asterisk box really was
working, after wasting a lot of time trying to get
iaxtel.com to work.