[Asterisk-Users] RE:: Connecting asterisk to existing PBX - newbie

Will McCown will at rhythm.com
Fri Apr 8 13:10:58 MST 2005

Jason Kawakami wrote:

> [...]

Intertel seems to be particularly funky when it comes to tying
to other PBXs.  It will happily do E&M trunks either as analog FXO or
as T1 channels.  But in many important ways it refuses to treat
phones on the other end of the trunks as extensions (not allowing
a blind transfer for example).  (Or at least not on our even more
ancient IMX switch.)  It would not surprise me if the SIP Trunking
mentioned below had the same issues as E&M trunks over T1, and
would hear from someone who has made it work with Asterisk.

If I had the time & equipment to experiment the other option
that might be worth investigating is Intertel's "networking"
option.  Intertel intends it only for tying to other Intertel
boxes, but it does use PRI so it might actually be possible
to tie to an Asterisk via PRI and with minimal reverse engineering
get it to run.

--
Will McCown, Rhythm & Hues, Inc., Los Angeles, CA. (310) 448-7512
will at rhythm.com