[Asterisk-Users] RE:: Connecting asterisk to existing PBX - newbie

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Fri Apr 8 12:14:30 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
<snip>
My curiosity is inter-PBX communications and getting the dialing
plan correct for these phones.  My overall plan is to provide software
phones to the managers and executives at their residences that are
directly connected to the system for inter-office communications, and
not necessarily to allow them to dial out to the world via our PBX.

<in order to accomplish this 'properly' you will have to do this via a
t-1/PRI card or some other type of tie-line interface.  Going from * to the
inter-tel via fxo/fxs would work ok but from inter-tel to * you may have to
do some funky stuff with autoattendants to give access to the context the
softphones are in.

> I have a question regarding interoperability between Asterisk and an
> Inter-Tel (I believe it's an Axxess) PBX at a client's location.

<snip>

The other way to do this besides the t-1 connection currently is to upgrade
to 9.x of the axxess software, install an IPRC card and set it up as a SIP
trunk and connect that to *.  Inter-Tel is, yes imagine it, charging a
licensing fee for this that street price is probably around $100/channel.