[Asterisk-Users] PRI Advice...

Michael Crozier crozierm at conducivetech.com
Fri Apr 8 11:13:18 MST 2005

> This appears to be a problem with some specific motherboard.  What
> motherboard (brand AND model) are you using?

I seem to be having a similar problem, where my asterisk machine appears to
lose sync with the PRI/T1.  This causes the entire T1 (initially coming
through an Adtran 600R to separate the data/voice channels) to be reset,
including the data channels.  The problems occurs often.

NOTICE[3646]: chan_zap.c:7395 pri_dchannel: PRI got event: HDLC Bad FCS (8) on
Primary D-channel of span 1
NOTICE[3646]: chan_zap.c:7395 pri_dchannel: PRI got event: HDLC Abort (6) on
Primary D-channel of span 1
NOTICE[3646]: chan_zap.c:7395 pri_dchannel: PRI got event: HDLC Abort (6) on
Primary D-channel of span 1

I am using an TE110P on a Intel SE7210TP1-E motherboard loaded with Debian
testing, but a stock 2.6.11.6 kernel version.  The TE110P appears to be on
it's own interrupt. The Zaptel and Asterisk code is from stable/1.0.7 CVS.

The zaptel drivers are proving quite unstable with this combination.  If I
attempt to rmmod the zap drivers, the machine hangs and is unresponsive to
keyboard input, ping, or sysreq.  Additionally, I attempted to bypass the
Adtran unit using the TE110's to separate the data channels into an HDLC
interface.  I wasn't succesfull, as the HDLC interface triggered similar
"hanging" problems and I never succeeded in getting packets of the data
channels.

I'm looking for advice on likely causes of this problem or suggestions for how
I might further diagnose it.  I welcome any advice regarding my network,
software, or hardware configuration.  Pointers to helpful documentation or
archived discussions would also be quite helpful.

Thanks,

 Michael