[Asterisk-Users] Connecting asterisk to existing PBX - newbie question

GP dazzed at 1stdog.com
Fri Apr 8 10:28:54 MST 2005

Dan,

  Let me know how this works out for you.  I have an inter-tel Axxess
system with an SLC16 card and I'm currently working with Asterisk to
integrate it in for remote phone systems.  We have gotten around some if
Inter-Tel's extreme fees by picking up hardware through wholesalers,
resellers and on ebay.  What I want to do is create basically a
connected PBX using 4 of the lines from the SLC 16 card into the axxess
card.  My curiosity is inter-PBX communications and getting the dialing
plan correct for these phones.  My overall plan is to provide software
phones to the managers and executives at their residences that are
directly connected to the system for inter-office communications, and
not necessarily to allow them to dial out to the world via our PBX.

  Basically, I want anyone on the asterisk system to be able to pick up
their line, dial "x" and then be able to dial any extension within the
inter-tel PBX.  The reverse being that anyone can pick up one of the
office phones, dial a set extension and then dial the home extensions on
the Asterisk system.  If I can provide those two basic functions,
anything beyond that is cake.  I like the asterisk system and could see
us eventually replacing the entire Axxess system with it, once I become
more proficient in scripting on the asterisk system.

GP