[Asterisk-Users] Connecting asterisk to existing PBX - newbie question

Sascha Ferley Sascha.Ferley at infineon.net
Thu Apr 7 00:41:04 MST 2005

Hi Dan,

First, i seem to have found myself in about the same dilema where another
phone reseller tried to push a client into a 45k+ solution from
Televantage, which i must say from what i have seen seems to be the
crapiest software on the market today, though hailed by some telco's as
the next biggest thing. (Maybe someone here can explaain more as per why
the hell the software of televantage is soo crapy expensive and sooooo
unstable) .. Anyways enuf of the rant..

Sip phones can run you in the order of about 1k per set aswell, looking at
some of the cisco's, but if a basic sip hand set is fine, like a polycom,
or a siemens hipoint (not sure of their prices, but nice sets anyways), i
can definitly see the solution.

As per your solution, i would just stick a couple TDM400p cards in there
with 4fxs slots, and if required that you need a pri, you can still do
this as such. Depending on the existing phones, the inter-tel ones, you
might be able to use them directly on the asterisk system aswell ..

Cheap cost .. less then 1 phone for a couple cards, and a basic system
depending on user amount you might be able to get away with a older P3.

Hope that helps

S.