[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Google Group?

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Fri Apr 8 09:57:45 MST 2005

"Damon Estep" <damon at suburbanbroadband.net> writes:

>> What I'm still wondering about is, while you can post to that group,
>> whether your postings are actually propagated to this list. Did
> anybody
>> try that?
>>
>> Regards, Bruno.
>>

> Postings to google are not mirrored here, tried it. I think we are going
> to start seeing many people new to * using the google group and not
> getting the benefit of the infinite wisdom here.
>
> I can not imagine how you would sync them, that would only result in a
> circular posting nightmare.

Why? I'd say it's only a config issue. As long as the google group
has this mailing list as it's only feed and posting to the group
is equivalent to posting to the list everything should be fine.

Don't know how mailman does the auth here, but assumed it's done on
the envelope sender google could even post to this list under their
registered user and still maintain the From of the original poster,
who after all registers on google with an email address.

As I see it, there's no technical issue which could prevent google
making their (mailing list) groups working 'proxies' to the real
lists. Actually, I would be surprised if that wasn't their goal, as
they seem to have a tendency lately to suck up anything related
to internet communications. Usenet was first, mail is in the works,
and as others have speculated voip might be next.

Regards, Bruno.