[Asterisk-Users] Re: Reply-To?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Apr 8 09:04:48 MST 2005

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 00:16:17 -0500,
  Brian Capouch <brianc at palaver.net> wrote:
> Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> >
> >>Oops, sorry for the list reply :/
> >>
> >Actually, why does the Reply-To point to the Asterisk Users mailing
> >list? This breaks the reply to sender only / reply to all / list reply
> >functionality of my mailer. It's really broken :(
> >

> Incredibly, some on the list consider such behavior to be a feature.

You can strip reply-to headers locally. That's what I do when using poorly
configured lists. It doesn't keep you from losing the real reply-to
addresses, but does keep you from inadvertantly replying to the whole list.
People that don't want separate copies of replies, should be setting
mail-followup-to appropiately.

My perception of this list is that it is not run like a technical list.
Besides the reply-to issue, there are a lot of people starting new threads
by following up to existing threads, useless subject headers, and a lot
of top posting.