[Asterisk-Users] Channel bank replacement

Peter Hoppe peter at radioworldwide.org
Fri Apr 8 08:35:10 MST 2005

Hello,

I am working for a charity in the UK and I am projecting a new phone system.

We would like to connect our two-wire telephones (40 or so) to an ADIT
600 channel bank, and connect that into an Asterisk box via the CMG card
or T1 card.

I have been in talks with Carrier Access about the purchase of a new
channel bank and we tried to get a minor version of it first for testing
with the intention of upgrading to the full product if we are happy with it.

Unfortunately since a few months I cannot get any further with CAC, as
they keep not coming back to us on how we proceed. I feel that the
channel bank would be the best solution, but it seems that we are just
to small fish to fry for them.

So - would there be any other way to connect 40+ telephones (two wire)
into an asterisk box? Are there any voip gateways that actually conform
to SIP standard (unlike what I heard from the Mediatrix voip gateways
1124 and 1204 which seem to use non standard SIP and have
pay-as-you-upgrade)?

Thank you very much for your consideration!

Peter Hoppe