[Asterisk-Users] PRI card and TDM400P in same box

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Fri Apr 8 08:32:54 MST 2005

>What do you have to do to get * to see the TDM400P? It sees the PRI card
and associated channels
>but I can't get the TDM400P to work - no matter what mix of channel numbers
I use ztcfg doesn't
>like it.

My config with a Digium PRI card and a TDM400P, just finished yesterday &
working fine:

zaptel.conf:

span=1,2,0,esf,b8zs <--Ususally Timing parameter is set to 1 here, but I am
using 2
bchan=1-23
dchan=24
fxoks=25-28 <---I have 4 FXS cards and I want them as ZAP/25-28

zapata.conf:

[channels]
language=en
context=from-pstn
switchtype=national
pridialplan=unknown <--this is an imporant parameter; it's best to set it as
"unknown" this tripped me up before
signalling=pri_cpe
usecallerid=yes
echocancel=yes
group=0
channel=1-23 <--Note the absence of Channel 24, the D-channel. Used for
signalling, so leave it alone.

context=from-internal <--I use AMP so I want the users cordless phones etc
to work in the same context as the SIP phones
signalling=fxo_ks <--- Note FXO parameter here; don't forget FXS cards use
FXO signalling & vice-versa
usecallerid=yes
group=0 <--Same group for AMP use
channel=25-28

/etc/rc.d/rc.local: <--I use rc.local instead of starting it as a service,
this lets me specify the load order. Personal preference.

modprobe wct1xxp
modprobe wcfxs
modprobe zaptel
ztcfg -vv <--I want the console to display what's going on.
/usr/sbin/ampportal start <--optionally, you could do "su asterisk
/usr/sbin/safe_asterisk & " if you are not using AMP

Last note: cron a reboot every night otherwise your TDM400 will crap out on
you after a week or so. Much speculation on the list as to why. Reboot fixes
it.

HTH