[Asterisk-Users] T.38 fax with SIP devices

Mark Dutton replies at datamerge.com.au
Fri Apr 8 07:34:43 MST 2005

Right you are Michael.

I have some Multitech MVP200s and they do work indeed. Only problem is mine
are too old to do SIP. I know Asterisk does not do T.39 but as it only needs
to ALLOW the codec when devices are communicating with each other, it can't
be too hard to get working. Perhaps the t39fax codec needs to be added to
the Asterisk codec list so it knows about it and then it can be added to the
allow list in SIP.

Mark