[Asterisk-Users] snom and "hint" priority

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Fri Apr 8 07:03:28 MST 2005

Follwing the information from the wiki
(http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+phone+snom) and the mailing list, I
have been able to get my Snom 190 to monitor extension states accurately.

I have noticed a couple oddities, however, that I am hoping I can get
explanation on so that I can know more about * and SIP:

- It appears that I cannot use variables in the "hint" priority exten lines.
  So "exten => 22,hint,Zap/2" will work fine, but (assuming Ext22 = Zap/2)
  "exten => 22,hint,${Ext${EXTEN}}" will not.  Why is that?

- It appears that the extension used with the "hint" must be the same as the
  extension used to dial that channel.  So if extension 22 will ring Zap/2,
  then "exten => 22,hint,Zap/2" will work, but "exten => 222,hint,Zap/2" will
  not.  Why is that?

- If I am correct in the above, then there is no way for me to monitor a
  channel that is not an extension.  As an example, I have a TDM400 with 3 FXS
  (Zap/1-3 on extensions 21-23) and 1 FXO (Zap/4) as well as a VoIP channel
  for dialing out.  I can monitor the states of the extensions with extension
  entries like "exten => 21,hint,Zap/1" but I cannot monitor the state of the
  FXO with "exten => 0,hint,Zap/4" because 0 is not the extension of Zap/4.
  Indeed, Zap/4 has no extension.  Is it not possible to monitor that line,
  then?

Thank you very much!

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.