[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Google Group?

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Fri Apr 8 06:52:55 MST 2005

"Damon Estep" <damon at suburbanbroadband.net> writes:

> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/Asterisk-test
>
> Stuff shows up fast! Anyone have insight on this, did I miss something?

Apparently, somebody created that group on google groups and subscribed
it to the * mailing list. As long as registered, anybody can do that.

This does afaik not imply that those groups will show up on news servers,
like e.g. the Debian moderated groups which just mirror their mailing
lists, and to which posting isn't possible either, btw., because they're
mirrored as moderated groups.

So the whole thing lives on google only, and it's real (and probably only)
benefit is the search capability. Which is still useful enough, though :)
I didn't find out yet how long google will keep the postings. Maybe
'indefinitely', as they generally seem to do with newsgroups, maybe just
a limited time ...

Looks like the goup was created around end of Feb, beginning of March.

Regards, Bruno.