[Asterisk-Users] Getting a good deal on a PRI

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 19:16:27 MST 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 6:32 PM, Michael D Schelin <mike at shelcomm.com> wrote:
> I may be able to help. I'm a provider in Southern CA. What you need to
> do is eliminate all pots lines by moving them over to VOIP completely.
> This will take some time but will save you a lot of money.  Please call
> me for more info.  I can provide you service and  if your interested
> LNP your numbers. I would have to check. My number is 626-276-9009.  If
> 90% of your calls are inbound you should not be paying much at all.

voip just isn't reliable enough yet to get rid of land lines
completely.  I feel comfortable using voip for outgoing calls, and
maybe 800 numbers we use for marketing campaigns, but we can't afford
to have our customer service lines down.

Plus, another issue is adequate bandwidth.  If we go pure voip I doubt
our dsl would be enough (1792 down/448 up).  Which means I'd have to
get a T1 or better for the office.

What I want is the flexibility and features * gives me, with the
reliability of land lines, and also the ability to interject voip into
the mix if and when it makes sense.

Chris