[Asterisk-Users] TE405P vs TE410P

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Apr 7 13:17:29 MST 2005

On April 7, 2005 04:02 pm, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> That's a pity and I'm not convinced the assertion is true.
>
> Andrew, if you read this, is your hacksawed TE405P board still in a 3.3V
> slot and still working?
>
> I have no intention of hacksawing a board myself, but the findings of a
> year ago suggested that all Digium would need to do is to respin the PCB
> with an extra slot and make no other changes.

My TE405P is working just fine still.  I agree with Digium *not* to do this
unless you feel that you are able to accept the risks.  It is not Digium's
fault that the Xilinx Spartan II cannot be OFFICIALLY used in a 3.3V slot
when programmed for 5V I/O; it is a limitation of the chip and until Xilinx
can do something official about it, this is all you have.

I've spoken to Mark a little with suggestions for ways to get around this
without voiding Xilinx's comments but all of these methods have to be tested
before they can be accepted, and all of them require a new board layout.

Again -- **FOR ME** a modified TE405P works in a 3.3V PCI slot.  You *will*
void your warranty if you do this, and it may not work for you even if you
do.  I took an educated guess and used my own card, so even if it didn't work
there was nobody to blame but myself.  Perhaps you feel you can do the same.

-A.

... it does, however present the opportunity where I can provide this
service.  :-)