[Asterisk-Users] Re: Ring Twice

Chris Modesitt chris at octelecom.net
Thu Apr 7 09:39:35 MST 2005

> Hi all,

> Did I make my issue clear? Can any one give me a big hand?

> Many thanks.
> Newbie

> On Apr 5, 2005 12:59 AM, VoIP Newbie <voip.newbie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When I made calls from SIP phones through a analog PSTN gateway to
> PSTN phones, I could hear rings twice on my SIP phones. From my best
> guess, the first one from * and the second one from analog PSTN line.
> Am I right? Is it configuration related? Can the two rings be reduced
> to a single ring like we make normal analog PSTN call from a normal
> PSTN phone?
>
> Many Thanks.
>
> Newbie

I will need to know a little more about your setup, but here are a couple of
pointers.

If you have a ",r" in your dial plan asterisk will fake ring back aka
exten => 1000,1,Dial(SIP/1000,300,r)

To go any further we will need to know your IP phone's make and model, how
you are terminating to the PSTN and your DTMF mode.

Chris