[Asterisk-Users] Cisco ATA 186: Only incoming - no outgoing call

Vyom A vyom2k4 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 06:29:45 MST 2005

Hi all,

I have configured my Cisco ATA 186 as explained in John Todd's Guide:
http://www.loligo.com/asterisk/Cisco/ATA-186-guide.v20030628.txt
i.e, I have the following in my sip.conf

[2299]
type=friend
username=2299
secret=blahblah
canreinvite=no
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833

And I have in my extensions.conf

exten=>5,1,Dial(SIP/2299,20,tT)

I am able to call the Analog phone (Alcatel) connected to the ATA, from my X-Lite softphone, but not able to call in the reverse i.e., from the Analog phone to X-Lite!

I am not seeing any error messages on Asterisk console.
What can be the problem?