[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma VS. Digium

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu Apr 7 04:43:30 MST 2005

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Matteo Brancaleoni wrote:

> I hate to say that, but the problem is that Digium doesn't do this.
> They allow resellers to do market dumping, by not imposing fixed
> list prices to resellers, they also compete with they're own
> distributors/resellers by offering the cards online and by offering
> services directly to end users.
> In this way they're destroying they're own reseller network
> and there's no commercial gain into supporting the end user
> (as resellers).

Resellers are almost universally a useless money-sink. Most add no value
at all, they are simply another logistics point. Distributors, on the
other hand, are usually very knowlegable and are able to support their
customers (the resellers) quite well.

My advice: always *always* buy from as early in the channel as possible.
Prices are better and the support is _way_ better.

Of course, if you are not familiar with the problem space for which you
are purchasing a solution then resellers can add a lot of value.

Peter