[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma VS. Digium

Matteo Brancaleoni mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Thu Apr 7 04:11:50 MST 2005

Hi,

Il giorno gio, 07-04-2005 alle 13:02 +0200, ht at phonitel.com ha scritto:

> Digium do sell online and so many other of their resellers do. The important
> point is that they don't sell lower cost than their resellers, which is the
> case.
Please find an hardware producer that sells directly to endusers, when
they have also distributors/resellers.
The way is: if you have resellers, sell through them. if not directly to
end user.

> Reseller added value is find customers and retail locally in his place with
> local variables of config, ...etc. They are the ones to find customers and to
> make sure they bring added value.
Yes of course. but they're sure that the customer will buy from them.
normally the user will buy directly from the hw maker (and this's ok)
if the hw maker allows that, since in this way the user thinks that
going directly to the manufacturer they'll have better support and
better price. I know that is can not be the real truth, but is how's
perceived from an enduser pow.
We're Digium resellers, but some .it people buy the card from other
countries (because not imposing list prices allows resellers to do
market dumping) or even direlcty from Digium.
And we apply the very same Digium list price. and the import taxes
are payed by our reseller discount.
So when the enduser buys directly from .usa, they will pay list price
plus taxes, so more than our final price. But this is not considered,
seems.

> I don't know what's unusual in this approach?
everything.

Matteo