[Asterisk-Users] Help using wav files for IVR

beonice beonice at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 21:39:36 MST 2005

Hi, all.

We needed to add a few custom menus to the IVR, so got
some recordings done professionally over the past
week. Now, the files (very good sound quality) have
been delivered to us, in .wav format. From googling at
the digium site, I'm seeing that people in the past
have successfully used wav files for IVRs.

I've tried sticking them into the
/var/libs/asterisk/sounds directory (after removing
corresponding .gsm files where necessary). However, if
I leave the extension as .wav (the format it came to
me in), then I get the error message:
ast_streamfile: Unable to open test-welcome (format
ulaw): No such file or directory

and if I just change the extension to .WAV, I get the
message:
ast_streamfile failed on
IAX2/voicepulse-in-01 at 66.234.228.170:4569/5 for
test-welcome

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? It looks like (from
the messages above) the .WAV is the preferred format,
but it's obviously not working.

Help!

Thanks,
Maya