[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream HandyTone-488, * -> FXO problems

Andrejus Stavickis andy at loyalty.com
Wed Apr 6 13:15:14 MST 2005

Well, the x100p is not always good either. If we forget that it only
support 600 ohm impedance, the proper example would be the problem i
have and not being able to overcome is tremendous echo on the VOIP phone
when i make a call to pstn. after 2 months of trying i had to quit using
it.

The issue i have is that no matter what i do i never receive the output
from Asterisk saying somethig else, than "Echo Cancellation: 0 taps
unless TDM bridged, currently OFF" in responce to the command "zap show
channel 1". this is the ONLY card in the pc, does not share IRQ or IO.
It does not matter what i put in config files what echo cancellation i
use, it just never ever goes to something like "currently ON". I've read
a lot about echo problem on the pstn <-> voip but none of the solution
are working for me.

Sincerely,

--Andy
x6722

"Outsourcing is akin to making a skyscraper taller by taking material
from its lower floors."
--Byron Katz