[Asterisk-Users] Digtial Receptionist Recorded Greeting Location Problem

mr. barker cabalitomb at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 5 09:24:41 MST 2005

I am using the latest AMP with Asterisk at Home - I used the AMP upgrade script

My problem is this . I am able to record a greeting using *77 and it put the
recording into the

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds   location with the extentsion preceding the
recording

However it seems that asterisk is looking for the file name to be called

Unavail.gsm   and to be located in the voicemail directory of the extention.

When the extension is called and goes to voicemail the greeting is not
played but instead the extension number (using the number(s).gsm) audio.

I am wondering how would I be able to have the greeting stored in the
extension's directory for the voicemail greeting.

The work around that I am currently doing is just renaming the file and
placing it where it is looking for it.

Thanks in return.

Ctl-alt-del