[Asterisk-Users] Installation problem

Jerry Hobbs jerry at addmap.com
Mon Apr 4 20:45:47 MST 2005

Hi All,
Because I am new to both Asterisk and Linux, I decided to use Signate's
Asterisk Installation CD which installed without error and I now have a
working copy of CentOS (Redhat Enterprise).

When the system boots I can see Asterisk starting successfully. If I
look in /ect/asterisk, I can see and open all the scripts. All the C
files seem to be in place and if I open /var/log/messages I can see the
following line:

"Apr 4 15:22:56 localhost asterisk: Safe-asterisk startup succeeded"

So far so good; however, if I search in /var/log/messages for:

"XXX # ##:##:## pbx1 kernal: Found a Wildcard FXO: Wildcard X101P"

it isn't there. Also if I look in /proc/interrupts for "wcfxo", it also
isn't there.

Furthermore, when I shut the system down, I can see the message
"Shutting down asterisk [FAILED]"

Can anyone tell a dumb newbie why the system won't recognize the card
and the system can't shut down asterisk?

Thanks in advance for any help
Jerry