[Asterisk-Users] Livevoip DTMF via IAX almost

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Apr 4 15:50:06 MST 2005

> > > The story so far:
> > >
> > >     Some of us fail to get DTMF via livevoip IAX.  Others get
> > >     a little, others get a lot.
> > >
> > > here is a 'iax2 debug' call with version CVS-v1-0-04/04/05-11:22:55
>

> On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 01:49:52PM -0600, Rich Adamson wrote:
> > As you noted, the above indicates that LiveVoip is truly sending the
> > appropriate dtmf digits to you. So the problem has something to do with
> > either your config (extensions.conf), or bad code in stable. Personally,
> > I can't tell which since I don't use stable at all.
> >
> > Does your ivr section of code in extensions.conf know how to reach
> > x6001?
>
> It all works fine if you dial in from another number.  That is
> via broadvoice, or myphonecompny or directly via SIP.  Only IAX
> via livevoip doesn't work.
>
> Asterisk CVS-v1-0-04/04/05-11:22:55 is stable?
>
> I followed this directions to fetch the code:
>
> If you want to be at the bleeding edge, use cvs to checkout the latest version:
>
>   cd /usr/src
>   export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.digium.com:/usr/cvsroot
>   cvs login           - the password is anoncvs.
>   cvs checkout zaptel libpri asterisk asterisk-sounds asterisk-addons    # can use checkout or
the short version co

> There is a different version to be had?

The choices are:
 stable: using  cvs checkout -r v1-0
or
 head: using cvs checkout

There is also a way to add a date/time into the "cvs checkout" to download
the files that were in use at that specific time, but that's basically it.

Somewhere else (eg, ftp server) there are packages assembled for
stable v1.0.x or whatever.