[Asterisk-Users] call redirection from outside line?

Jacob Cazzell jcazzell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 13:04:42 MST 2005

Hello all,

I looked around but I can't quite figure this configuration out.  I
would like the ability to allow a user to call in to a number and be
able to transfer back out after entering a "passcode" (to prevent just
anyone from making calls through my system).

My example would be some relatives in another city:  I can provide
them a local number in their area code they can call - this rings into
* through my VoIP provider.  They then make a new call out of * on my
end to call a number in my city (sister, bother, other relatives,
etc.).  They understand the concept of a calling card (i.e. they dial
number, enter a code and dial another number) but getting them setup
with a SIP phone (soft or hard) is not an option.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on information to get this
configured like I want?

Thanks in advance!
Jacob