[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Realtime Capabilities

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Mon Apr 4 14:41:27 MST 2005

Cameron Beattie wrote:

> Because various postings imply that's the better
> thing to do

    If you plan on pushing a few thousand SIP->SIP calls per second, then
yes, SER is better. You will need something that speaks SIP to handle the
PSTN termination.

> Also, I see posts about problems with Asterisk
> RealTime that give me concern about its scalability.

    Hmm. Out of the 10,000 people on this list, I can recall (max) 10 that
have posted RealTime problems in the past 5 months (when RealTime was
introduced). And infact, the problems that all 10 had where user errors not
program/coding errors so I fail to see how you came to the conclusion that
RealTime doesn't scale. (Actually, I think 1 or 2 where coding errors but I
fixed them later that day.)

-Matthew