[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Realtime Capabilities

Cameron Beattie kjcsb at orcon.net.nz
Mon Apr 4 12:30:08 MST 2005

I am in the early stages of doing something similar, but am planning to use
SER. Why? Because various postings imply that's the better thing to do and
that Asterisk isn't ready for the type of scenario you envisage - yet. Also,
I see posts about problems with Asterisk RealTime that give me concern about
its scalability. However I would prefer not to do this because integrating
SER and Asterisk will be a pain e.g. voicemail notifications. So I would be
keen to hear from you as you progress down your path - if it's better I'd
like to switch!

Currently my plan is to have PSTN to IP gateways at PSTN interconnect points
(e.g. ADIT600 with CMG02). These will route data to the centralised servers
over a WAN i.e. Asterisk servers are not distributed.

Regards

Cameron