[Asterisk-Users] rookie getting started question

Sean Kennedy skennedy at tpno-co.org
Mon Apr 4 12:49:36 MST 2005

Randy Paries wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I just download and installed the .8 ISO
>
>i have installed two Digium Wildcard X100P Cards( I have two outside normal
>analog lines)
>
>Is there a simple of howto to get these working ?
>
>I download the handbook, but wow there are many options.
>
>I guess, the one question I first should ask, is ?? Should the user be
>familiar with telephony apps and terms before attempting to use this app. I
>am a programmer that owns a small business, so all the IT/phone stuff is
>done by me and that is not my expertise.
>
>Thanks
>Randy

The * admin should have some working knowledge, I would suppose.  I
didn't.  I had to bootstrap learn, as it were, just like you are.  It's
not so bad, once you get the hang of it ( actually, it's quite easy ).

If you have specific questions regarding installation, Digium offers
free tech support for the initial installation.  Or you can ask your
specific questions here and we can try to help you.

Sean