[Asterisk-Users] SIPTone II and PoE

George Gardiner asterisk at georgej.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 13:05:47 MST 2005

I've just purchased a Netgear FS108P switch which has PoE (802.3af standard) on 4 ports.  According to some websites the SipTone II supposedly is compliant with 802.3af - IPDialog just says that it supports power over ethernet.

Powerdsine list the SipTone II as 802.3af as well.

Can I get it to power up via just the ethernet cable - no way!  Either my new Netgear switch is faulty or the SipTone II utilises another PoE standard (but not 802.3af).

Has anyone any experience of PoE and the SipTone II?

Regards,
George