[Asterisk-Users] Sending faxes and call accounting

brian at txshirts.com brian at txshirts.com
Mon Apr 4 09:41:17 MST 2005

We found that the TDM400 did not get along with our Brother fax machine.
We wound up just putting the fax direct to PSTN.  We also could not get
our Hayes modems to work for faxing with * and we also had a miserable
time with SpanDSP.  I basically came to the conclusion that faxing over
VOIP was not functional and that the benefits of * outweighed this
limitation.

We were however, able to get a credit card terminal to run through a
FXO/FXS port combination.  We had to put it in pulse dial mode and add a
1 to the number.  No idea why, but that magic combo works.

Brian Greul
Texas Shirt Company
www.txshirts.com
713-802-0369 / 713-861-6261 (fax)