[Asterisk-Users] Browser based configuration of Asterisk

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 09:00:25 MST 2005

> I have a Linux Fedora 3 Asterisk only box (2 FXO & 2 FXS ports) with no
> GUI or WEB server running. I can get to it remotely using Putty but I
> want to add the capability to at least do Dial Plan configuration via a
> browser. Do any of the GUI based configurations support such a setup. I
> really do not want to install a GUI on the Asterisk box but installing
> Apache would be okay... I googled (  :list.digium.com) around the
> mailing lists and found several boxes that do this (Mediatrix and Epygi)
> but I do want to have to pay for a box when I already have an old server
> converted.
Yes, there is 2 browser-based config editor that exist.
1) phpconfig : available from digium's CVS, but you need to make some
modifications to make it work. check this document to know how to
install it : http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+gui+phpconfig

2) asweadto (Asterisk Web Admin Tool) : I wrote this one. It's
available here :
http://www.marccharbonneau.com/asterisk/asweadto_v_0_0_3.tar

Both of them only need a webserver with PHP support

hth