[Asterisk-Users] newbie - want to use asterisk as an internal PBX

mak kwak makwak at wp.pl
Mon Apr 4 07:56:15 MST 2005

Hallo.
At the begining I would like to use asterisk as a VoIP server for some internal extensions inside one building without connection to external world. I planning to use kphone as soft phones. I tried to use configureation description that is described in
http://asterisk.net.au/tutorial/1/

I'm running RH7.3, compiled and installed asterisk successfuly, compiled kphone.

I set up all scripts according to the link above.

/usr/sbin/asterisk -vvvgc : seems to be starging OK.

When I run kphone I am able to login: trace from asterisk console:

  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/manager.conf': Found
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/enum.conf': Found
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/rtp.conf': Found
  == RTP Allocating from port range 10000 -> 20000
Asterisk Ready.
*CLI>     -- Registered SIP 'kphone' at 10.1.3.154 port 5062 expires 180

Problems start now. According to extensions.conf:
; echo test, to make sure your phone works.
exten => 600,1,Playback(demo-echotest) ; Let them know what's going on
exten => 600,2,Echo ; Do the echo test
exten => 600,3,Playback(demo-echodone) ; Let them know it's over
exten => 600,4,Goto(s,6) ; Start over

I GUESS that when I dial 600, I should be able to hear echo when I'm talking, but unfortunatelly I cannot even dial the number. I tried many ways (10.1.3.154 - is my asterisk pbx):
600
600 at 10.1.3.154
sip:600 at 10.1.3.154

all the dials above produce asterisk log message:
Apr  4 16:54:25 NOTICE[27916]: pbx.c:1329 pbx_extension_helper: Cannot find extension context 'voipmenu'

and kphone says: "call failed: not found"

My sound card works fine. I do not know what can I do more.
Have You got any ideas.

Greetings

Jesteś pracodawcą? Szukasz pracownika?
Zamieść ogłoszenie w Praca.wp.pl!
Internet to skuteczne narzędzie rekrutacyjne!
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fpraca.wp.pl%2Fzamiesc.html&sid=345