[Asterisk-Users] Re: X100P interrupt load

Jesse D. Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Mon Apr 4 07:51:12 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 12:29 +0800, Dinesh Nair wrote:

> On 03/23/05 04:15 Jesse Guardiani said the following:
> > This should be "has some issues". I do not consider
> > the FreeBSD zaptel support to be production quality
> > in any way. I experienced reproducible system hangs
> > (mostly after an asterisk restart), interrupt issues
> > (audio skips and SSH pauses during typing), and
> > general instability. This was with an up-to-date
> > FreeBSD 5.3-SECURITY and the latest zaptel at
> > asterisk from ports (1.0.6 for asterisk, and a
> > significantly lower version for zaptel, I think).
> >
> > I do not recommend anyone run FreeBSD + Asterisk at
> > this time.
>
> perhaps a post detailing how these hangs happenned and any CLI output
> before these hangs would help in /eliminating/ this.

:) I doubt it. The zaptel driver for FreeBSD isn't up-to-date with the
Linux version, so I doubt Zaptel support on FreeBSD will ever be quite
as reliable as Linux.

But if you're curious: the hangs could be forced by restarting the
asterisk server. Sometimes it would survive one restart then crash
on the second. Sometimes it would crash for no reason at all.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,