[Asterisk-Users] Router with QoS recommendations

David McNett nugget at slacker.com
Mon Apr 4 06:36:19 MST 2005

On 03-Apr-2005, Tim Pushor wrote:
> I prefer PF's approach to security first, convenience second, and I
> *really* like the fact that PF has a real parser. As the requements get
> more complex, having everything in one file, and very readable and
> structured is a huge plus. Also, the integration with ALTQ is nice,
> especially for these types of applications.

I agree with everything Tim wrote above, and I'll add that the biggest
factor that influenced me in my move to OpenBSD for my firewall was that
it was the only free unix I found that could do bidirectional filtering
in bridged mode.  As in, when you're in a bridged configuration you can
filter in and out on an interface.  Neither Linux nor FreeBSD could do
this.  It's certainly an edge case, but if you need that feature it's
invaluable.

I posted my asterisk altq experiments here:
  http://slacker.com/~nugget/asterisk4.php

--
David McNett <nugget at slacker.com>
http://slacker.com/~nugget/