[Asterisk-Users] Re: ASTCC question: Trunk LOCAL

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Mon Apr 4 05:54:09 MST 2005

Darren Wiebe wrote:

>>> That capability is not there yet.  I would personally recommend
>>> using the 'Local' channel and routing your calls via the
>>> extensions.conf file.  This is totally up to you but I find it gives
>>> me more flexibility.  That would also make it easier to do something
>>> like you are looking to do with the "setgroup" and "checkgroup"
>>> commands.
>>>

>> With the cards we have a field "In Use". I would like to add this
>> field to the TRUNK, so that I can jump to the next trunk instead,
>> e.g., if I have several gateways available, but only a few ports at
>> each gateway, than I need to jump to the next gateway. If I could add
>> a field in Trunks, than I believe I could ask this field first,
>> before I choose the trunk to dial, ... (not completely thought thru yet)
>>
>> Can you tell me more about it, please. It sounds interesting!
>

> In my extensions.conf I have the following lines:
> [default-outgoing]
> exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,SetCIDNum(${CALLERIDNUM}|a)
> exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial(IAX2/SNIPPED at xx.xx.xx.xx/${EXTEN})
> Then I have a trunk setup for the "default-outgoing" context.  That
> way it uses the information above to route my calls.  I would
> recommend looking the the wiki for the "group" commands as I've only
> used them a little bit.

I tried this one, but it does not work!!!

In Trunks I put in:
1-800-xxx       Local      Line-optimize

I have a context [Line-optimize]

but the real world says:

* CLI>
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (DIAL) Options:
(Local/011886228357765/Line-optimize|30|HL(599940000:60000:30000))
    -- Limit Data:
    -- timelimit=599940000
    -- play_warning=60000
    -- play_to_caller=yes
    -- play_to_callee=no
    -- warning_freq=30000
    -- start_sound=UNDEF
    -- warning_sound=timeleft
    -- end_sound=UNDEF
Apr  4 20:26:55 NOTICE[1487]: chan_local.c:436 local_alloc: No such
extension/context 011886228357765 at default creating local channel
Apr  4 20:26:55 NOTICE[1487]: app_dial.c:936 dial_exec_full: Unable to
create channel of type 'Local' (cause 0)
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
    -- AGI Script astcc.agi completed, returning 0

Do you have any ideas???

bye

Ronald