[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk <-> Altigen

Rusty Shackleford john97 at flatline.com
Sun Apr 3 20:30:30 MST 2005

My experience with the Altigen's IP stack is a bit dated, so take this
for what it's worth...

At the time I was working with it, their VOIP implementation was so bad,
that we abandoned it, and resorted to connecting spare analog ports to a
Multi-Tech VOIP gateway. This solution worked like a champ.

Even if Altigen's VOIP implemenation has gotten more solid, I'd
recommend against using it, if for no other reason than the fact that it
uses H.323. The H.323 support in Asterisk is spotty. In certain
configurations, it seems to work fine, but others, H.323 <--> SIP, for
example, it seems to "have issues".

If you have much time to spare, and you already have the VOIP licenses
for the Altigen, I guess you've got nothing to lose, but I wouldn't try
it under any other terms.