[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk <-> Altigen

Dan Perik dan_perik at ntm.org
Sun Apr 3 20:12:25 MST 2005

Hi,

If this belongs on a different list, please let me know.

I oversee an Altigen IP-based PBX.  We're wanting to make VoIP calls
through the Internet out to PSTN via a service like BroadVoice or
similar.  I think Asterisk is the ticket of this.

I have successfully configured Asterisk to dialout/dialin on BroadVoice,
FWD, etc. to/from X-Lite softphone.  Altigen uses H.323, and can be
configured for IP-based "trunk" access.  Does anyone know if it would
work to have the Altigen system "trunk out" calls via Asterisk as a
gateway, and then Asterisk can connect them out via BroadVoice.

Has anyone successfully tied together an Altigen system to an Asterisk
system using VoIP (ie. not using hardware (FXO/FXS cards, etc.))?

Thanks,
Dan