[Asterisk-Users] really small box

Irakli Natsvlishvili irakli.natsvlishvili at thinkingvoice.com
Sun Apr 3 14:44:27 MST 2005

Hello, Matt!

 MR> fine. If you have to do any sort of transcoding a soekris is not the
 MR> way to go but for a small installation it works great.

Well.. Cisco's 17xx series router is a device which you can take, plug,
configure and have office PBX. But price tag is $2K.

Why the same can't be done for a fraction of this price using * and not
involving active cooling and graphics cards? 20-30 office users + 3-4
transcoding sessions + voicemail. What kind of horsepower do you need for
this?

 MR> I run an entire asterisk installation off of a 512 MB CF card (have
 MR> ~250 MB to spare for voicemails and logs)

Do you have install/configuration/HOWTO document? If yes, could you post it
here or just send it to mail email?

I.N.