[Asterisk-Users] really small box

Matt Ryanczak ryanczak at arin.net
Fri Apr 1 09:06:57 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 17:53 +0300, Loucas Gatzoulis wrote:
> what's the load on a soekris? how much can it handle?

A Soekris 4801 can easily support 20 - 25 SIP clients if they are all
running the same codec (I use ulaw), I know of others that have 20+ sip
clients and a t-1 card in the soekris for zap channels and it works
fine. If you have to do any sort of transcoding a soekris is not the way
to go but for a small installation it works great. I run an entire
asterisk installation off of a 512 MB CF card (have ~250 MB to spare for
voicemails and logs)