[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk Discussion Forum

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Sun Apr 3 07:14:23 MST 2005

> With recent discussions in regards to a forum, I have set-up a
> multi-faceted Asterisk and Open Source Discussion Board. The link is
> www.voipnewbie.com/forum It is open and ready for use.

Hey Great!  Thanks!  Just make sure to get linked from the asterisk
website (probably in the Digium documentation, and in the user
contributed links).  I think that's how most new people find this list.
  Also, make sure you get at least several gurus who are willing to
answer questions (I'm guessing you probably are one), but I think there
probably needs to be more than one or two.  The whole benefit of this
list is that 10,000 people read each message coming in (well, skim the
subject at least).  5000 of those probably have some facility in
asterisk, and hundreds could be qualified as true wizards and gurus.
Of course, all those readers and posters can sometimes be detrimental,
as was the case in the recent flame war over this subject.

- Noah