[Asterisk-Users] Re: How does asterisk know the did called on?

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Sun Apr 3 06:52:12 MST 2005

Hi Courtney -

> If I were to buy 20 did's how do I know within asterisk which number
> was
> dialed? (like say I want a few of the did's to ring specific extensions
> if they are dialed and others to go through the menu)
>
> Is there any ${var} that has the number dialed in on? (that would be
> optimum).

Your provider will "outpulse" a certain number of the DID digits for
you.  You may have a choice as to how many digits you want outpulsed.
You can then use these outpulsed digits just as an extension.  E.G. if
you have (555) 555-2000 through (555) 555-2019, and you have four
outpulsed digits, you could make them go to your various
extensions/contexts like this:

exten => 2000,1,Goto(IVRMenu,s,1)

exten => 2001,1,Goto(SIPExtensions,101,1)

- Noah