[Asterisk-Users] Book Review: VoIP Telephony with Asterisk

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Sat Apr 2 14:06:29 MST 2005

Kerry Garrison wrote:

> The book bills itself as a beginner's guide to Asterisk and Voice over
> IP (VoIP). Even with over 270 pages, it isn't possible to go through
> every single feature that Asterisk has to offer but the book does give
> enough information to get you started and even apply a few advanced
> features to your phone system. For those of you not familiar with
> Asterisk, VoIP, or PBX's we will need a little bit of background for
> you to know if this book is for you.
> http://www.geekgazette.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=23&Itemid=26
> <http://www.geekgazette.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=23&Itemid=26>

I don't know if you've read the book. I have it on my desk right now and
it suffers from out of date information, lack of structure, lack of
progression. I felt that the book is mostly just a clunky bunch of
recipies patched together.

Of course I appreciate how hard it must be to write a book such as this.
Yet, I think Digium's PDF handbook has better value, regardless of the
book's price.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

--
Ykoz Un Max - La VoIP en pré-payé!
Essayez gratuitement - 5 crédits offerts.