[Asterisk-Users] wctdm module parameters (Was: Issues with ringing on FXS ports)

Richard Scobie r.scobie at clear.net.nz
Sat Apr 2 13:59:23 MST 2005

tmassey at obscorp.com wrote:

> Is there a list of these anywhere?  This is now the third one I've heard
> of, with no documentation:  lowpower (IIRC), robust and now boostringer.
> Do I have to go diving in the source, or is there a Wiki I can't find?

I have only ever found the information in the driver source of on the
CVS list as they have been added.

There is a list of them at the end of wctdm.c.

The non obvious ones I know about:

opermode=COUNTRY

Where COUNTRY is one from the list near the top of wctdm.c This will set
the A.C. and D.C. line impedance on the FXO modules to suit the telecom
standard used in that country. Default if not set, is FCC (US/Canada).

fxshonormode=1

If used, it must be in conjuction with the above. This will set the A.C.
and D.C. line impedance on the FXS modules to match COUNTRY. Default if
not set, is FCC (US/Canada).

lowpower=1

Reduces ringing volts on FXS to 50V peak.

boostringer=1

Boosts ringing volts on FXS to 89V peak.

Regards,

Richard