[Asterisk-Users] :: Strange way of receiving calls ::

Reuben Grech reuben.grech at compex.edu.mt
Sat Apr 2 04:01:48 MST 2005

I have not found any references to a strange way in which I would like to
receive calls.  I have Asterisk running with 3 x X100P cards and using AMP.
Can anyone give me some help on receiving calls in the following manner:

= An incoming call is received on any of the incoming POTS ZAP channels
= Call is immediately picked up by Asterisk and the caller is greeted with a
message like, "Thank you for calling ...., please hold the line your call
will be attended to shortly"....MUSIC....
= What I would like to achieve is that as soon as the call is immediately
picked up by Asterisk, a group of phones starts ringing, so that effectively
any person in the group can attend to the caller, and as soon as this is
done, the caller stops hearing the message and can speak to a
representative.

With AMP I managed to set up a group which rings with an incoming POTS call.
With AMP also, I have also managed to create a Digital Receptionist BUT this
requires caller input, which is not what I need :(

Any help would be appreciated! :) Thanks to you all