[Asterisk-Users] Re: Phones "Callwaiting" enable by default?

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Fri Apr 1 14:06:26 MST 2005

Hi Matt -

> I apologize for not providing enough info....    My question though is
> not how to get my provider to provide it... how do I enable call
> waiting from asterisk TO my sip device by default without having to
> dial *70 and have asterisk put a CF mark in the database for my sip
> device.

You'll still need to provide more info - what kind of incoming line do
you have, and what device do you use to connect it to asterisk?  Is it
a digium card?  What version of asterisk are you using?

If you're telling asterisk to turn on call waiting when you dial *70,
it means that you have something in your dialplan to do that.  What
does your dialplan look like?  Can we see extensions.conf?

- Noah