[Asterisk-Users] *** Asterisk 2.0 Stable release out now

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Apr 1 12:50:13 MST 2005

--On Friday, April 01, 2005 3:47 AM -0600 Matthew Boehm
<mboehm at cytelcom.com> wrote:

>>    Asterisk 2.0 was moved to a Microsoft platform due to the
>>    demand for higher stability and a more secure foundation.
>
>     It wasn't until I read this line that I knew it was a joke. I mean,
> seriously, who associates Microsoft with stability and security? A fool,
> that's who.

Funny how many people needed a MS reference to see the joke. I realized it
one line before, when I saw this:

> With 2.0, the project actually runs most of the PBX within an Oracle (TM)
> database, making Asterisk carrier grade.

Not that I'm an Oracle basher (or have any experience with their product);
it's just that this would make * totally inaccessible to much of the
installed base, so it triggered my BS detector.